strange noise

F

filatlarge

I'm recording a mix on cakewalk 9. I cut the mix into seperate tracks which is all good and burn a cd. But at the end of each track there is some click/bang noise where track stops. I have no idea how to get rid of this.

Can anyone help please, it's driving me crazy:confused: :eek:

thanks

the click bang is from one of 2 things
1it is from where u cut the track u need to cut each section on a zero threshold or(where the waveform is at zer try inserting a small fade out to get rid of the threshould and dc offset)
2cakewalk is sending some weird distortion or(technical info = jitter ) because cakewalk is not very good editing tool :) try to get the ends of your tracks/regions zeroed out if the track stops in the middle of a peak waveform than it will pop and crack :)

pc,s are more likely to insert jitter into the end of tracks than a mac / it has to do with the processors that pc use ( to technical )
u have to be alot more carfull of the way your track is cut ... zoom in on the wave form and look at the end until there is a cut off point and see if the line is above zero or ( in the middle) if so it will pop ... this also goes for the begging of any wave form or track....
i never use calkwalk so if this is not possible on that prog sorry.....

Back