Soundcloud adding pops and clicks when uploaded?

The last couple days I've tried uploading a song to Soundcloud but every time I do it clicks and pops get added into the song for some reason.

Has anyone had this problem before and what did you do to fix it?

Yup; I haven't uploaded anything in quite a while, and I put a bunch of tracks up today thinking I'd finally put some music in my signature. I was just listening and getting a bit frustrated with all of the glitch-clicks. I wonder if they've downgraded their upload process unless you "Go Pro?" I have no idea...

GJ

That's either a temporary glitch or your files are limited so close to 0dBfs that they clip when en/transcoded by SC (which tends to push up the levels a bit - not usually a problem unless you're really close to the max already). It'd be an idiotic business decision to make the free platform perform erratically like that; people wouldn't pay to maybe fix it, they'd just go away. Or if they did, it'd be clearly said somewhere that "Pro will fix this shit".

Does this only occur after uploading or do you also notice clicks and pops on the original way form? If not, there might me something wrong with decoding your tune. Like the vibe by the way :D

Ditto (uploading only). Can certainly check with another file at some point. But the clicks do not seem to be aligned with any peaks; quite the opposite-- they are random and don't seem to be in the same spots on a subsequent play.

master @ -9 to -12 decibels.{thats what they teach as the industry standard} Sometimes I take mine up to -6..I haven't had any issues uploading to soundcloud

Yes.

I never had any issues before either. Just now, after another person happened to experience the same thing. I find that intersting.

No prob and of course you are correct; most people "master" (really, volume optimize) too hot.
But I don't think that's what is going on here. I do hope it's not a permanent Soundcloud issue, though.

Back