Sound Foge problem...

david lee

one f0rum under house
I have SF v 5.0 XP (or whatever, the newest one) and i'm trying to record sound from my MD into my laptop but when i do i i'm getting lots of quantization when i go back to listen to the recording. what do i do?. I can't get my bit depth any higher than 16 bit / 44khz. The manual says you should be able to go all the way out to 24/192khz...what's the deal? The sound is terrible and i've got to get my demo done. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-if your sound card no have a 24-bit A/D converter then u S.O.L.

-CD format is 16/44 and MD format is 16/44 ( i think) so why do you want 24 bits?

-how are u transferring?

-the cleanest way would be a digital transfer without going analog, but you would need a s/pdif in and out port on your sound card. Hopefully you know some hi-fi techno geek with a standalone cd recorder and some ADAT or coax digital in/outs. From there you can copy the data from MD to CD, and then from CD extract to HD. You might be able to convert to 24 bit after that, but I'm not sure, never tried it, but keep in mind that if you are burning back to CD after your mastering it needs to be 16-bit.

-I don't know what would be so special about higher sample rates.

Back