Some questions about mixing

SitusInversus

Hi,

I play in ska band and recently I started composing some reggae and dub songs for by myself, kinda of a side project, but also to help me learn the arts of mixing and mastering. I'm always looking in learning something new.

My problem is somehow technical. I use an M-Audio Ozone to record and play some key chords. I also use Presonus Studio One 2. My question is. When mixing, should I mix in asio, windows audio or via m-audio? When i am recording i am using m-audio as a sound card, but which sound card/driver should i use while mixing? When i am using asio, and exporting the mixdown, the .wav file sounds different from the one i have in studio one.

Thanks a lot?

use an external soundcard for everything. Bigger box, completely isolated, no interference from the computer. Always will give you a better result

So basically I shoud mix via M-Audio? If so, wouldn't the mixdown, after being exported, sound different while playing via my pc's sound card? And by different i mean a lot louder and different overall.

I have asio drivers for my M-Audio M Track interface, but I use Asio4all and use the M Track as a playback device

Back