Should i put tape fuzz on a digitial track if im recording to cassete?

seneca

I make lofi beats, so in the daw i ussualy always put tape fuzz and vinyl crackleing in the backround on the digital recording. if im going to record to a cassete im wondering if i can still put tape fuzz in the backround of the digital recording?

In short, the answer is yes of course you CAN...but why would you want to?

I'm no expert at analog gear...but what you are asking sounds the same to me as asking "should I add salt to the recipe even if I already added the salt they required?" I guess it depends on the sound you want to get. It seems repetitive.

I'm assuming what you are trying to do is record to tape and convert back to digital. If thats the case why try to replicate the authentic nuances of tape?

I guess the answer to this depends on whether or not your digital "tape fuzz" actually aims to make your stuff sound like it's on a cassette, or is just a fuzz effect that happens to mention "tape" (which more likely references real reel-to-reel tape rather than a cassette anyway). There's a point in the answer above, but I really doubt the effects are very similar at all.

Back