SB live owners who use aconsole-->Line in jack help

S

Sly-fi

Sblive owners using aconsole connected to line in Jack help

"Smells like somethings burning"i thought to myself before my sblive dies on its own
I was apretty crappy console at the time with 4 synthsizers connected to it sending the main mix to the sound card and then sending all signals encluding Audio through line out to amp and monitors what happend is that at acertain point my line in jack stopped working right now in only works on hard pan right monitor (check with headphones problem is in the card not the speaker)
And there is ALOT of static noise what you may call pink noise on the left side so i gave it back and thell replace it but i wouldnt wanna burn it again ...
iwas using aphonic pro 5 channel stereo mixer what im guessing has happend was bad wiring and grounding,a sudden Electric peak,a constant distorted Strong singal excedding from the soundcard Db limit or a lightning storm :)
I also have apulsar II i was just cheking the sblive to see how it records :( i changed the mixer im using the Behringer Mx602 auxillary console now cute toy and i dont want this happening again anyone outthere seen this happen know whats the problem ? how much DB should i send to my sound card from my console? should i just amplify my tracks on the amplifier? any information would be Great

Bom,Sly-fy

[Edited by Sly-fi on 12-05-2000 at 06:42 PM]

I have a SB Live! Platnium and I have no problems with it, maybe it was a faulty card. Try again and see what happends. Should be ok if you wired everything right

Thanks god you still have your PULSAR II.
Forget that Sound Blaster.

If I were you i would change the behringer for a YAMAHA 01VR2, with the ADAT card, connect it to the Pulsar II ADAT, and voila. You will have a VERY good quality on recording, and you'll be able to plus dozens of channels together, with a separated signal in the Pulsar environment. (i know that right now you can only plug 1 stereo signal in.. which sucks.. using the digital pipe would be much better).

Way to go. The YAMAHA 01VR2 is not very expensive for a digital mixer too.

Then, plug your mixer OUT to the amp, and the amp to the monitors.

SB live?!!

Hey there,
This may be a very basic question for people who make music ony using MIDI.. I have a quite a little experience in using MIDI... I have Cubase and Trinity Korg...before i start using Cubase i have to chage my MIDI settings from creative(Which i think is the sound card:) ) to SB Live out... why do you do it?.. whats that SB Live..Why do i have to change it from Creative to SB Live Out?
Am sure this is a very basic stupid question but i would be really happy if you could tell me what it is.
thank yoiu,.,

Back