Recordings sound like STATIC and POPS

C

ChelseaLeeMusic

Im not just asking for help IM BEGGING FOR IT!!!!
I've been trying to build a lil workstation at home to record a few tracks for a good quality demo.

So I have a M-Audio Studio Mic ( for vocals and instrumentals)
and a M-Audio PreAmp

To be completely honest I know it sounds like a piece of sh** But Im trying to make the best of my equip...

Im tryin to figure out why i still get so much feedback in recordings...

could it be:
*the acoustics of the room
*the sorry a*s mic
* the wires

I am so confused help cuz im new to this

OK I GET STATIC IN THE BACKGROUND. AND IT SOUNDS VERY LOUD AND ECHOY

PLEASE DO NOT YELL.

It sounds to me like you're not experiencing static either, just room noise. Static is the sound of a TV which isn't tuned correctly - the black and white craziness, with noise that sounds like the ocean on steroids.

Describe your room. Size, shape, and materials - walls, doors, windows, furniture...

As for the 'pops' you're hearing (or are you?), it could be that you just need to get a pop filter. You can buy one for $20 or less.

ChelseaLeeMusic said:
Im not just asking for help IM BEGGING FOR IT!!!!
I've been trying to build a lil workstation at home to record a few tracks for a good quality demo.

So I have a M-Audio Studio Mic ( for vocals and instrumentals)
and a M-Audio PreAmp

To be completely honest I know it sounds like a piece of sh** But Im trying to make the best of my equip...

Im tryin to figure out why i still get so much feedback in recordings...

could it be:
*the acoustics of the room
*the sorry a*s mic
* the wires

I am so confused help cuz im new to this

feedback?... Are you using headphones when you record? or are you listening through speakers playing in the room while you record?

clicks and pops?... are your levels peaking? Do you have bad connections? do you have broken wires? are you bumping into the mic stand when recording? Is there anything in the room making noise (other than your mouth)?

i think its either dirty wires or the acoustics of the room... all i know is that im very confused

ChelseaLeeMusic said:
i think its either dirty wires or the acoustics of the room... all i know is that im very confused

post a link to a recording of the sound you are talking about.

let me send u something via email because i dont know how to post music online

Back