Recording and Trackin in Ableton Live 5

I

ILL BEATNEZZ

Two questions, one is what is the best way to track my beats from Reason 3.0 into Ableton. What I am asking is if there is a way through Rewire where I can get each individual track to save as a .wav. Also I was wondering if it is possible in Ableton to Overdub over a audio track. Ive done it with MIDI, but with the audio it just erases what I've recorded the previous time...thanks for your help.

ILL BEATNEZZ said:
Two questions, one is what is the best way to track my beats from Reason 3.0 into Ableton. What I am asking is if there is a way through Rewire where I can get each individual track to save as a .wav. Also I was wondering if it is possible in Ableton to Overdub over a audio track. Ive done it with MIDI, but with the audio it just erases what I've recorded the previous time...thanks for your help.

open Live before Reason. It automatically rewires. Goto View-Audio Change audio to whatever track in Reason you want in whichever tracks. It's all matched from there. Press play on whichever device.
To overdub, do you mean record vocals? Just press that record putton on a track and rap while it's going.

I don't think there is a way to overdub on a single track in the session view. What you can do is setup multiple audio tracks to record your overdubs. Works for me... great for doubling, harmonies etc.. Another thing you can try is recording via the clip arrangement view and recording into new clip tracks..

Just some insight
Owen

Back