Recording a rap song

inuraste

Hi everybody!!
I own a turntable (reloop 4000 M3D) and a mixer (numark M101) and i want to buy a mic.
I found Audio Technica AT2020usb plus and M Audio Vocal Studio Pro and idk which can be better or if there is any better choice for this budget. (max 200)
After that i want to record also some scratches. How would i be able to do that?

Are you looking to DJ, rap and produce? Pick one and master it. Research Audacity for scratching. Sell the AT202USB and go for the non-USB version of it and nix the Vocal Studio Pro. Never buy a bundle as it is better to find what you need and/or want separately.

How much are you willing to spend on an interface? I'd go for Focusrite or any other brand that's relative to your budget.

also... since your mixer has a mic input, you could just plug in a regular (non-usb) mic without having to buy an interface. A Shure sm58 or sm57 would be a solid and cheap pick that would work for djing and recording vocals (although you'd want a mic stand and pop filter too if you're recording).

Like OGBama said, you might want to avoid a usb mic if possible. While some of them are pretty decent, you're probably going to end up scrapping it in a couple years of use anyways. USB mics in general are not really known for great sound quality, reliability, or versatility

Back