Recording with Hardware only

D.H. Baron

I have a few analog synthesizers and want to start recording my stuff. Looking for hardware only.

I need a decive that can record my sounds while I play live. A metronome on this machine would be great.
I also need to be able to record midi from the synthesizers.
Then I need something to record the sound from the synthesizer while the midi files are being played from the device. In this operation I will filter and modulate live.
I am not interested in a device with drumpads... like these AKAI machines. It has to be high end quality of this (these) machines.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

You a decent audio interface. Have a look at the RME UCX or UFX. UA Apollo if youre a mac person.
The UFX is great because it can record as a standalone device without needing a computer.

You a decent audio interface. Have a look at the RME UCX or UFX. UA Apollo if youre a mac person.
The UFX is great because it can record as a standalone device without needing a computer.

Thank you for the reply.

Interresting that the UFX can record sound w/o laptop, but for for midi files the RME will require some sort of software, right?

I'm not sure on that one, Ive never had the need to do that, itd be worth investigating though

The RME is still just an audio interface that happens to have the ability to record straight to an USB memory stick. It's not a sequencer - which is more or less what you'll need for recording MIDI. Frankly, if you want it all in one box, those nasty Akai devices (ie. MPCs) are your best bet. Or the MV8800.

Back