Recording in Audition showing too loud waves

imDCStar

Hi, I recorded using my Mic after a few weeks. I noticed that the wave is bigger than what it was before. I hear no noise tough but i am worried. I left my door open usually and mic is on stand always. Not covered properly. When i woke up this morning room was full of dust.

I tried recording with all doors and windows closed. Even by shutting down pc and using laptop (so there's no fan noise) but results were always same.

Once again, Sound is perfectly fine. I can't hear any noise but why is that? Waves are bigger amd almost matching the waves when i speak. I always use a 50-60% gain on Audio Interface.

Audition Stats: When i speak -15 db and when no sound -21 to -18 db

Scarlett 2i2 and Samson MTR101A.

Last edited:
Don't go by what you see as much as by what you hear. Does it sound good? If so, it is good.

'I noticed that the wave is bigger than what it was before.'Before what? An earlier recording? Or the same recording when you opened the project before?

'Audition Stats: When i speak -15 db and when no sound -21 to -18 db'

A peak level of -15 dBFS when you speak and -21 to -18 dBFS when you don't speak? This means your (background) noise level is just up to 6 dB lower than the signal level. Man, this is really bad.

'I noticed that the wave is bigger than what it was before.'Before what? An earlier recording? Or the same recording when you opened the project before?

Before means, before when i recorded. A couple of weeks ago. I noticed this much noise only yesterday. It was never that much, in any previous sessions.

'Audition Stats: When i speak -15 db and when no sound -21 to -18 db'

A peak level of -15 dBFS when you speak and -21 to -18 dBFS when you don't speak? This means your (background) noise level is just up to 6 dB lower than the signal level. Man, this is really bad.

Why is that? I don't see any difference in anything. The cable, mic, room, pc, software. Everything is same. Why is that

There's two changes, Dust and really very hot temperature like 45C. Can this damage mic this much!!!

Back