recording in ableton live 8

ThatBoyLuke

whats up producers/DJ's?

Im having some trouble setting up ableton 8 to record. I've got my mic (Shure sm57) hooked up to my Presonus audiobox usb to my computer. Im just confused about inputs and outputs and maybe some computer sound settings. I have my headphones hooked up with a 1/4 adapter to my audiobox and i can hear sound thru my mic so thats a good sign, but i cant figure out how to record and then hear it playback in ableton. Any suggestions?

-L0fty

There are two buttons below the section where you select your audio device called "channel configuration", from where you can select which channels of your interface are active and thus shown in a track's input (and output) selection dropdown. Make sure all your channels (or at least the one the mic's plugged into) are active. This might seem silly with a small interface like the Audiobox, but it's very useful when you have a lot of i/o to avoid clutter...

Also, pay attention to the track's monitoring options. Normally you can just stick to the default "auto" mode, which simply means that monitoring (ie. hearing the input signal) is enabled when the track is armed and vice versa. "In" means it's continuously on - in which case you wouldn't hear the recorded signals already on the track and, well, you can probably guess what "off" does.

And finally, what kind of cable are you using to connect the mic?

im connected to the mic with xlr

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Thanks Krushing! you just solved my problem that ive been having for a while!

Back