Recorder to keyboard? HELP!!!

C

Cyphactor

KORG D-16/ASR-10. Can do w/o MIDI?

I have an ASR-10 sampler/sequencer, and I'm planning to purchase a Korg D-16 Digital Recorder. Will they only communicate through MIDI? Can the keyboard and recorder run in sync with each other, because I really don't want to use MIDI?

Thanx -- CYPH --

D 16

I've got a D 16 setup myself, but mine is a bit different...Im running my computer with sequencers and samplers analog into the D16, and the D 16 out to monitors...my MS 2000 is sometimes MIDI'd to the computer, sometimes to the ER-1, etc...but they all run into the D 16. I have no real reason to MIDI the d 16 to the computer, or at least don't know the benfits if I do. ANyone have a comment?

Dj:A

Thanx, DJ:A, for your response. I was hopin I'd get some answers based on it, but it didn't happen.

I'm still waitin, though. Thanx, man, for your imput.

Cyph

they should run in sync (by this i mean START/STOP REC and PLAY) to play/stop/record at the same time.

But beyond that, you dont need to sync them. The recorder is really just "recording" via analog audio cables.

Mano, thanx for your time and expertise, man. Your site is hot!!! Glad I found it.

CYPH

Back