Recommended recording/mixing/mastering software?

frequentc

I've studied mixing and mastering lately for my producing and to record some instruments and MCing on my computer
I started on audacity and made the switch to using Sony Acid (the only program I had any familiarity with) to record, mix, and master. I know this probably wasn't the best choice. Since I re installed my computer, I'm starting with a clean slate. And I was wondering what do you guys recommend with an approachable interface (I won't have to read 5 chapters of a book just to start recording a wavelength, although I do plan to read up on the program as much as I can) but with also with credibility and quality finished works for Windows (or Mac, I could always hackintosh for Logic, right?)

Last edited:
Anything. Like they say its not about the program your using its how you use it. I use fl studio and produce, mix, and master all in fl studio and it sounds great you just need to keep on studying mixing and mastering and you will soon be able to make any program sound professional.

Anything. Like they say its not about the program your using its how you use it. I use fl studio and produce, mix, and master all in fl studio and it sounds great you just need to keep on studying mixing and mastering and you will soon be able to make any program sound professional.

exactly

Actually you absoultely have to use Pro Tools 10 HD Native or else it wont sound as pro level as perhaps say FL Studio 10... And stay away from programs such as Reaper because they introduce bad habits into the production techniques....

Ahhhhhhh Im f'ing with ya... Demo everything, buy what works best for you... if there's not a demo for the program then the developer obviously hates your money

whichever

whichever one u feel comfortable with. it doesnt matter which one u use, just pick one that u can get used to, its all personal preference. personally i use adobe audition. my brother uses fl studio. we all have great sounding mixes.

I always use acid pro. Because im a pro, you know? LOL j/p. but I used acid since 2004 so i'm very used to it. I try to use other daw's and their alright but I'm MUCH better with the workflow in acid pro. thats me though. If you're comfortable with acid pro, then use it, the only thing it doesnt have (for me) is prolly something to consolidate multiple tracks at once.

Back