real player to mp3

you mean converting .ram files to .mp3, I'm also not sure and it's be cool if there was a way that i knew. But as of now I use the cheap way.......prop the mic to the speakers and records.......hahaha:D(j/k)

hahah good idea!!
but yeah hope some one know it can see my thread. ill just wait patiently......

actually... a ram file is NOT sound.. a ram file is a text file containing one line witht he URL to the RA or RM or G2 file. Theese last extensions ARE sound files. RAM is not.

Right click on the link to the RAM, save it on your hard drive (should be 1Kb or so) and open it in NOTEPAD. Look at the first line you will see something like "http://www.domain.com/sound.ra". This is the address to the file you want to download.

Then, the RA or the RM or the G2 can be easily converted... first go over this.

;) hope this helps.

sup manoone, i tried what u said but its not working, i dunno why. i right click it, saved it and opened it in notepad. in notepad there was 2 address ending with root rm . i tried both of the address but it kept leading me to the real player, and i dunno anyways how i can transfer it to wave or mp3. can you explain to me wat else i can do?
thanks for your help!

well it helped you coz now at least you have a direct link to the SOUND FILE itself.

your computer opens rela player automatically.. normal

do this:

. create a web page
. make a clickable link, linked to the RM file (you got the URL using my previous technique)
. look at this page in a browser
. you should see yoru link in the page
. right click, save target as, save on your drive
. voila you have the RM file on your hard drive

Man.. all these are great tips, from the inside ;)
Now you need to convert it to a WAV and THEN to a MP3. cant help you with that (use programs from download.com)

the most important was to GET THE SOUND FILE ON YOUR COMPUTER

hey that is a very good idea, am gonna try it now. yeah thanks mano. damn soo much hastle just to get that into my hard drive. maybe they have softwares or programs where u can record all the sound outputs coming out from your computer. thats gonna be soo much easier.

Yup, the "ripping it from the web by downloading it from the web" approach is an old trick that always works. But (for a little fee) there's a solution that works : Total Recorder. It uses a virtual sound driver. The sound played from any source (line inputs, mic, but also live streams : shoutcast, Real Audio, WMA, ...) passes the virtual sound driver. From there on Total Recorder can record the sound (and the latest versions can compress it right away to MP3) and it then passes the sound back to the real sound driver so it plays through the speakers.
With Total Recorder, you can record anything you hear through your speakers.
Only problem is, the trial version can only record 40s straigth, registration (12$) will remove this limit.
Just look at http://www.highcriteria.com

it's easy

You don't even need special software and you dont even need to download the actual file from the internet.
If you set the recording source of your sound card to "stereo out" then stream the audio, all you have to do is hit record in any sound editor... even windows Sound recorder will do.
You can get to the recording source selector in the windows volume control.
Then you can convert the .wav file that you have recorded to mp3 or do whatever you want with it.

Back