re - mixed song ( need some feedback)

Just my opinion.

I'll go by points, these may or may not be your fault but they're there:

Delay
- Stands out too much on her voice. It does not sit well in the mix. Either add more feedback and have it fade into the instrument frequencies more, or remove it.

Vocals
- You need to layer her voice (once again, not sure if you know her, but one track is not enough for that big sound).
- Add some more reverb to her voice.

Instrumentation:
- Done well, not in harmony with her vocals.

Overall: It sounds raw and dry due to the difference between its components. Instrumentation is moody and foggy, which sounds good for that aesthetic. The problem is that her voice in this mix is not brooding and foggy and eerie. It is perfectly clear, with perfectly clear delay that does not change outside of volume, with only one repitition. Recording is done well but in my opinion, there are two opposite aesthetics, one created by the foggyness of the instruments and the other defined but her clear, unprocessed voice. So individually they make sense but they do not harmonize well.

Musically on point however. Try to either process the vocals more to make the track more moody, or remove some processing on your instruments to make the track more raw.

Back