radio cast : all about mastering

N

neilwight

radio cast about mastering

was pointed to this link and thought some of you might find it interesting. you can download the episode to listen to.

http://www.musicianscast.com/

look at episode #34. why is mastering important.

as with everything, use your own judgement but it should be interesting in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, overall it was a good use of 15 minutes i thought.

shelly yakus, who is being interviewed is a pretty famous mixing engineer. hes worked with john lennon, U2, alice cooper "schools out", jim morrisson, the band etc etc so its interesting to hear his experiences/opinions ref mastering from his perspective as a mixer. probably more interesting than hearing an ME talk about it where it would have perhaps been much more dull.

the bulk of it is pretty good and i thought that more people would have posted back saying they had listened. theres what looks like plenty of other topics on that site too that could be of interest though i havent listened.

wow, that's definitely an interesting page ! Great entertainment and information for small breaks. Definitely worth a bookmark.
Thx for the link Neil !

Analog wins. I have always been a fan of analog equipment and that was great hearing from a top ME that software hardly ever sounds better.

Back