Quick question about recording at home .

MusicManiac

So , i read the sticky of morning star ( thanks a lot for the info !! ) , and i have a question .
If i do not record in a studio , the Vu meter should be lower in order not to get all the room sound right?
Are there any tips for me recording at a home studio?
Thanks in advance !! ( if its regarded as a newbie question please transfer my topic )

it won't make a shred of difference what level you record at you will still get room sound as well as the source you are recording

you minimise room sound by close micing and using directional (cardioid, hyper-cardioid, super-cardioid) microphones to maximise on axis sound vs off-axis sound

to eliminate another aspects of the room you need to treat the room to dampen, diffuse and absorb reflections and resonances

If i record in lower volume it wont make a difference? wow i didnt see that coming :p
Close micing is when you are close to the mic i guess and i use a cardioid mic
Thanks for the info you are the best !

nope, you'll hear it when you compress it

If i do not record in a studio , the Vu meter should be lower in order not to get all the room sound right?

Unless your room sound sounds great. You don't really need to have a "pro" room to get something nice, experimentation is the answer.

I've recorded a girl for fun vocals on my WC and they turned out great and she agreed too :D (don't worry it was super clean in there.)

Back