Questions on reverbs

i just bought my 4th reverbs,the izotope nectar2 plugin and just like every other ones that i had bought earlier,i am still not satisfied with how they sounds,feels and colouration .it is not what i am looking for.i attached to pieces of audio samples to this thread and this is exactly the reverbs i am looking for. please take a listen,can anyone tell me what reverb or product sounds like this ? or can anyone help me with settings to achieve this on my vocal ?.

Attachments

• Falz-Simi-–-Chemistry test.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Simi_-_Joromi test.mp3
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
You've purchased 4 digital reverbs, and you're not satisfied with either of them because its not the sound you were looking for, I suggest spending time learning the plugins and tweaking them before buying new vsts, which is costly and inefficient. they all sound pretty much the same because they're designed to do pretty much the same thing; emulate a space via virtual software technology. there are so many different characteristics of reverb, there's color, tone, softness, warmth, coolness, tightness, response time, and even different types of reverb ; I.E plate reverb, convolution reverb, impulse response etc. plus don't forget that the source you use (the sound being effected) as well as the mixing chain / order of FX , will definitely effect how the reverb is perceived.

Hi Hybee. One of the main reasons why this reverb is blending with the track is because of the pads. Make sure your reverb settings and your pad characteristics are similar (release, decay time, etc). If needed, send your pads and vocals to the same reverb to glue them together.

As for the reverb settings, you can try a simple room reverb with short to medium pre-delay and a decay time of between 1-2 seconds. You can tweak the rest of the parameters to taste. Make sure to cut out the lows and low-mids from the reverb AUX track so that the voice frequencies don't clutter up. You could also try first putting a delay AUX track with the right time and then adding the reverb below that, instead of having different sends for reverb and delay. For more information about the types of reverbs and the parameters, you can check Music Production | Secunderabad | Mystic Alankar. Another article I found useful was Use Reverb Like A Pro: 1 |.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Back