Question Regarding Tracking My Beats..

MistaFinnis

Whats up fellas this is regarding converting midi tracks to audio tracks...Here it is:

I use a yamaha motif running into the mbox using pro tools 6.7...I use the midi sequencer in pro tools instead of the motif cause it seems easier to see everything on a big screen..anyways thats besides the point..

when it comes down to converting my indiv midi tracks to audio tracks i just simply arm an audio track and solo the midi track and go...

NOW HERES MY MAIN QUESTION..................I actually own a eureka pre sonus pre amp that I use for my vocals and microphone...Should I be using this with my beats as well? if so how do u suggest I use it?..I didnt see any way of pluggin my board into it via stereo. Should I run my board into the pre amp and out to the mbox?..Or does it matter?... just curious...Just need to know If theres any kind of chain I should be abiding to achieve the best sound when converting from midi to audio..Preciate yalls help on this in advance.

I've always been about tracking my hardware through some kind of pre or channel strip. While going through a JoeMeek or 1073 or some kind of tube pre or comp is ideal to add a little color, IMHO even the little something a "clean" pre offers is often good enough to consider running your keyboard or drum machine through. Many sounds don't require you to output them as stereo signals (many synths, bass sounds, kicks/snares, etc.). With stereo patches like pianos and pads, just plug them straight into the M-Box.

However, the only real answer is to try it yourself. It's not even a question that's necessary to ask. Just do it. If you like it, hey, cool. If you don't, no harm, no foul.
Peace

Back