Question For Recording Artists, Producers, and Audio Engineers

DrizzyFromthe6

Is it possible to make music on my own? I just purchased a studio and I was gonna start working with 2 other artists in 2 weeks. One is a rapper, the other one is a producer. I only know the rapper I've never met the other guy, the producer. But he's a close friend of my "friend's". Now we were talking the other day in a group chat and I must've said something to upset them. When I talk to other people I don't really think about what I'm saying is going to offend them. They left the group chat out of nowhere. I think they blocked me too. When I go and try to add them back to my friend's list, it won't let me. it just refreshes. Now I've never recorded any music on my own. I have my own home studio. really great quality. Also I don't have any beat making/producing experience. I don't know how I'm just about to learn. I'm not done finished setting everything up.
My question is, is it possible to make music on my own?

Of course it is! I would wager that 90+% of the people here do just that. But if you are still learning recording technique, and you also want to add song-writing, producing, arranging, musical and/or vocal skills-- there is a learning curve, some would say a steep one. So _take your time_, don't rush anything, and try not to get too frustrated. FP is here for you, and there is an amazing array of web tools available to learn the craft(s) you are interested in. But it will take time, so just be aware of that. And don't get so wrapped-up in music theory, equipment reviews, inputs and outputs, MIDI, etc., etc. that you forget to have fun...

Is there any good you tubers that are really good at recording vocals and beat making tutorials? I want to start as soon as possible

Yes. But start by perusing these forums. You'll get a sense of the consensus. Also, there are people making DAW-specific tutorials, so it kind of depends on what you're using.

Vaguely but I'm a mainly Reason user. I don't mess about with other DAWs or DAWs that came out the past 10 years. I have gone through a few different DAWs in the past and I recently added FL studio mobile to my collection but I mainly stick to Reason as I know it pretty well and really like how it works, looks, feels, etc.

the reason I asked that is because I'm thinking about getting it. I already have antares autotune the latest version. Now I'm not really a singer, I don't consider myself one, you know having an angelic voice/ great voice. My voice is okay. Sometimes it sounds good, sometime it doesn't. I'd say voice is kinda deep if I had to describe it. Will Melodyne help me sound better? I don't want to sound like "actual singers" if that makes sense. I'm looking for that Travi$ Scott, NAV, Desiigner, Future effect. I want that very heavy autotune effect. I don't care if the listeners know I use heavy autotune. If it sounds good. I'm okay with it

Uhmm, difficult question.
Software can make you sound better, but what is better? You can't polish a turd! If your sample is whack, you'll have a hell of a time getting it to sound awesome. If you're looking for that brittle sound, getting a brittle sample works. You also have effects that make it sound like that. But basically it's never a good idea to have a poor sounding sample to begin with. The major DAWs come packing with good quality samples, usually.
Same things goes for singers. Software can make you sound better, but it won't make you a better singer. Autotune is something you can even use on the best singers out there. But, you have to know how to use it. You use less of it on good singers. The speed of the pitch adjusting and the amount of pitch adjusting/the times you need to pitch adjust are less. There's ppl liking fast pitch adjusting (T-Pain effect) and there's ppl absolutely hating it. I think in some situations it is fun (daft punk, cher) to use once or twice, but at some point it got used so much that it was not really an effect by itself but more a thing to mask crappy singers and still make something that is pitched correct. If you can call that correct at all. So, depends a bit on what your after.
Most DAWs have ways to autotune. I don't know Melodyne enough to give you advice on it's quality, workflow, etc.
Did you try the demo? Do you already know a little of it and how it works? Are there DAWs out there that you have seen and like the way it looks/works?
Most of the times I advice on checking youtubes on different DAWs, then downloading demos of the DAWs that you like the most after you checked a few youtubes and go from there. I usually end up with a top 3 to 5. Use them a bit to see how I like the feel of it. Then usually 1 or 2 pop out as my favorites. Major DAWs all basically do the same nowadays. If you found one you like, put some effort in learning how to work it. Usually, there's no real need to switch DAWs from that point on.

I didn't know they offered a demo but I'll definetly check it out. Because I've seen a youtuber use it on himself and someone else. It just basically turned him into a better singer. I'm not looking for that sound.
Im looking for these
Here are some examples:
Example 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmFm9Yp80dE
Example 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9gfqGoPGaU
Example 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ProbPpO_8oo
Example 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbC6i6Uh4o

I'd really appreciate it if you took the time and checked out those links, just so you know what I'm talking about, Especially the 1st and the 4th link

yeah but I'm saying will using Melodyne to correct my pitch and use autotune to sound like Travi$ Scott, NAV, Desiigner and artists like those for example. I'm sure it's gonna take time to get the effect that I want, but will they get the job done? ( I already have Antares Autotune) I'm thinking about getting Melodyne, that's why I asked this question

Looks like you've more money than interests to learn all that stuff. Therefore my recommendation is to look out for another producer/s and a guy doin' the engineering part.

Oh man... sometimes I feel like nowadays nearly everybody singer, songwriter, beatmaker or even an audio engineer... the world is full of 'em. :D
Most of 'em are wannabes, so you'll have to spend some time searching finding the good ones. Where? This forum, YT, SC and of course your neighborhood.

well my neighborhood doesn't really have any musicians but I can go to music stores near my area, I'm sure I'll find a couple. and What is "SC"

and how does it work? I mean collaboration in different studios? Should I share my screen with them while recording my tracks? (I have a MacBook Pro) or should I just send them my vocals through email and let them do their thing in their own studio?

Back