Question about the use of samples with a sampler

stoffer1993

Hello

I have Cubase 5 and Battery 3 installed.
I open up battery and drag the .wav sample I want to use over to one of the big buttons on battery 3. I have a midi keyboard, and its only certain buttons/tangents from that, that activates certain buttons (and therefor sound) on the battery 3 interface (and therefor plays the sound). What I want to do, is being enable of playing 1 single sample .wav format, through my entire keyboard in different tones using my midi keyboard. I can use my entire keyboard (and therefore different tones) with the pre-fabric installed sounds that comes with Cubase, but not the .wav i set in through battery 3. I can Only active it from 1 certain key on my midi-keyboard and not in different tones. Why is this :) ?

Unavngivet.pngIMAG0307.jpg

Thank you very much :)

you need to set the key-range for the sample to be wider than 1 key you do this in the first tab. you may then need to specify that the sample should be played at the corresponding pitch of each key. Read the battery 3 manual to work out how to do that (I don't need it, so I don't know it)

Thanks man. I had to make the Key Range varied now it is C2 /to/ G8.

That made it play the sample on ANY key on my keyboard. However, it didnt change the pitch. I had to enable "tracking" for it to do so. but now it works like before and i am very happy. thank you :)

Back