Thread: Question about soft-clipping and limiting. Id appreciate the help.(Fl Studio)

Thanks

Question about soft-clipping and limiting. Id appreciate the help.(Fl Studio)

Sign in to disable this ad
    To get right to the point, I use either fruity waveshaper or limiter for my soft clipping on my drums, synths, etc. But what confuses me is that when I apply the clipping the db meter doesn't stick to the particular level I want it.

Like, for instance, I set the ceiling on my limiter to 10db, or if I set the soft clip preset on my waveshaper to 10db. No matter how high I crank the volume it should be glued to 10db right? What am I doing wrong?

Id appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Last edited by GRiiM; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Do you mean -10db?

Thanks
    It might be because you're not feeding a strong enough signal. You should see on your limiter the sound waves hitting the threshold you set. I don't think there's a graphical representation of what's goin on on the soft clip in FL, you just have to watch the meters or listen by ear

Thanks
    Yeah I figured it out a few days ago. You can use the post gain to make up or take off some volume of the output without affecting the input of the waveshaper.
    Last edited by GRiiM; 1 Week Ago at 06:56 AM.

Thread Information