Is Protools Still On Top

Platinum Vocals

In the recent years I have seen the decline in the mention of Pro Tools. I remember when everybody was talking about how Pro Tools was the greatest invention for producers. There are so many production programs out there it seems hard to choose one and stick with it. Reason, Ableton Live, Sonar, FL Studio the list goes on. I think it really doesn't matter to much what you use as long as you know how to tweak the sounds and get a descent mix.

pro-tools vs the rest is a debate about market penetration

pro-tools has the pro audio world all but locked to themselves (Nuendo and a few others do have their market share but it is mostly pro-tools)

in the semi-pro and hobby market place there is a much wider selection of daws, some targeted solely at audio, some at composition, some at djing

reaper
reason
fl
ableton
logic
garage band
sibelius
finale
pd
csound
studio 1
soundbooth
audition
band-in-a-box
bitwig

amongst many others

pro-tools vs the rest is a debate about market penetration

pro-tools has the pro audio world all but locked to themselves (Nuendo and a few others do have their market share but it is mostly pro-tools)

in the semi-pro and hobby market place there is a much wider selection of daws, some targeted solely at audio, some at composition, some at djing

reaper
reason
fl
ableton
logic
garage band
sibelius
finale
pd
csound
studio 1
soundbooth
audition
band-in-a-box
bitwig

amongst many others

Wow you listed a lot of programs a couple I haven't heard of. I guess it's all about finding what works well for the producers needs. Peace.

Ive only used Reaper and Studio one 2 profesisonal. Both are pretty cool, especially Studio One 2 which is very user friendly IMO. I have dibbled and dabbled with protools LE before as well in the past, and I would like to try the full version one day. I would like to try them all actually just to see which one does what I need it to do, and that best fits my workflow. I think it's all about what works BEST for you and not what others say is the best. Preference prevails in the end. But pro tools is considered the industry standard according to what i've heard from others. But you're right, the one thing that matters in the end is the music! cheers

I switched from cubase to studio one and never looked back. This DAW is like living in my mind and the shortcuts are always there.

Protools was the first major daw i think but I'd have to say reason and studio one as well as the other daws have a better handle on their features.
For instance reason is just retarded in how much stuff you can create just in reason alone while studio one has the best handle on workflow imo.
The way way that reason and studio one or the other daws work, in my opinion top what protools offers.

Some say cubase is the king of midi though.

Back