Productivity?

CIVY

Guys do you have any tips for me on how to be more productive and creativy?

I i tend to have this problem,when I am working on a track for example on the break or drop
and I get stuck after like 30 minutes I will straight away give up on it.
I want to work longer! but I just can't ,AM I the only one with this problem?
and if not what do you guys do about it?

I know exactly what you mean man. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal, it kinda equates to writer's block I guess.

What I normally do is stick my headphones on and immerse myself in some of my favorite music, maybe watch some live performances of my favorite artists for inspiration. You'll feel that spark back and immediately want to go finish you song.

Give it a try :)

I know exactly what you mean man. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal, it kinda equates to writer's block I guess.

What I normally do is stick my headphones on and immerse myself in some of my favorite music, maybe watch some live performances of my favorite artists for inspiration. You'll feel that spark back and immediately want to go finish you song.

Give it a try :)

thank you will do!!!!!

Get a calendar and write stuff down.

When you start a song, don't get caught up picking the right sounds for 6 hours. Pick the instruments you know you want and work out the arrangement. You can change the sounds after the arrangement is finished. Focus on setting a goal every day and meeting it even if you aren't satisfied. Saying I'm going to complete an arrangement might entail you cutting a session short.

Perfect but not finished is actually neither. You may read the stories about inspiring perfectionists that spend whatever amount of time tweaking their songs, but that is an asinine way to work. You will learn more from finishing 10 mediocre songs then tweaking one for the rest of your life.

Last edited:
I get my best ideas when I go for a run and have nothing else to think about. It works so good that its just a habit now. Just throw on some music and analyze it while you run, little productions ideas will jump out at you. Works for me anyway.

yeah like others said just go with the flow of things. dont spend to much time on one thing and dont overthink or over complicate things. simplicity is sometimes best. when i get writers block i just take another route or either ill take a break and then come back to it and by then i will have come up with something. im sure its the same when making music. just keep building on top of what you have.

you have to find that zone get into it and most important you have to feel it. music is somthing that not only can be heard but felt!!!

this is why i jump from beat to beat constantly. and i take lots of breaks in between as well to refresh my ears

hah i also jump from beat to beat, and when i need to get back to them, to mix and master them im too lazy, i want to make new one...thats wrong way of doing this i think hah

I get that more than I get creative, I find if im getting frustrated to go do something else and I think about what im trying to do and brainstorm on it while im doing something else. if I get some inspiration I go back to it, if not then I leave it for awhile. no point getting sick of it and quitting all up on the project

Listen to other genres of music.
Watch a really dope movie or documentary.
Try to express yourself creatively in another form...shoot some video, draw, make a web page, write some lyrics, etc.
Dig deeper into your equipment by hopping on YouTube and seeing how others use it.
Go do something completely different, then come back later in the day/the new day.

I know exactly that feeling and I think that what other people said is true. Going for a walk or changing your mind can help you be more productive when you come back.

Set yourself a length of time to work. You said 30 minutes before you struggle so lets start there.
30 minutes working, 5 minute break. when you become more confident and can work for longer up it to 45 minutes working and 10 minutes break. During the break listen to something else or or nothing at all to give your head a break. Then get back into it :)

Back