Problems with tact of a song

Plautus Mann

The song is called "Jeremy Soule - Knights Charge"

I am trying to make a cover of this song.
And I just cant get the tempo right (bpm) I think it is 138.
But it all messes up after a short while. Tempo doesnt fit the tones anymore.

I believe this song doesnt start at the room of 1/4, but before?
Hard to explain maybe. It#s like the first tone doesnt belong to the new 1/4 part, if that makes sense.

I hope u guys understand me and can help me.
I dont know how to increase the 1/4 bar to the left (negative).
If this is my problem at all.

Okay I think I just solved the problem. The issue really is that the song doesnt start at 1 of 4.
1 short tone starts in the field before, I solved it in an elegent way, have a look:
MAX3`_JB2)Q)AUW[C){S0EO.jpg

And I notice many songs use that technic, I had that problem before, Where I the song didnt want to fit to the 1/4 tact. And the issue as u can see in the picture is that the actual melody starts after that short note.
Also when I clap my hands to the melody, I naturally clap to the Strong sounds "bam.....bam.... bam...."
If I would clap at the first note in this song, the clapping wouldnt work.

sry for long explanation, but I just feel not many people r gonna undestand me. Anyway it#s clear in the picture.
I moved the track a bit to the right, to solve that problem.
Many old songs I noticed drop a few notes before the initial 1/4 tact. I just wonder if people are aware of that. I spent today a couple hours to figure out what is wrong, I was trying to force the whole song into 1/4, whcih of course didnt work, I had to move it so the strong sounds start at the first counter of the 4/4 tact.

Back