Problems with my mix.

PM me as I know where you can get a person who mixes. Focus on what you are already good at as time is finite.

Upon first listen, I would recommend opening up your sound by panning more instruments to the side. While the intro might not need this, when you introduce the drums, the song definitely needs to be panned outward.
I would also suggest making the lead vocals louder than the rest of the instruments. The melody, in most cases, should always be louder than any other instrument. That's why basically all pop songs today use this technique.
One last thing is to check your frequency range. Are all the frequencies (besides presence and sub-bass) clear and pronounced? If not, then add instruments that correspond to that missing frequency, or boost the instruments.

It has a good feel too it. Definitely a little too much reverb overall. Kick and bass could go down about -2dbs. The mids are a little weak. This should be fixed in mastering because it's an overall process of boosting the mids on the entire song.

Good luck with your music career!

The best way to get better at mixing is practice. My first mixed were God awful. I am still pretty new to the beat making scene as well, but I have been steadily progressing. Take your time, watch videos, and learn what all of the plugins and buttons do.

Last edited:
Practice practice is indeed the key. That and listen to a lot of music (critically) on your monitors or headphones so you have an idea of how pro mixes sound on your setup and using that as a point of reference will mos def improve your mixes.

Back