Problems Exporting: Fl Studio

Zkeeling15

So in my song I made sure in the channel settings to set my 808's in mono so they wouldn't play more than one note at once and not get the muddy sound when that happens. During playback in the song they sounded fine however when exported as a wav file the 808's sound super muddy (I'm sure there's a better way to describe this but that's all I can think of right now) and it's as if Mono was not turned on. Any ideas on how I could fix this??

Mono means that a signal consist of one channel, even when the both channels of a stereo track or stereo bus contain 100% identical signals this will be mono.

What you tryin to achieve is that the sample is played only once at a time, so it is cut by itself when it's retriggered. I'm not familiar with FL, but the option to get what you want should be named like "voice count" (set this to one) or "cut [by] itself". I guess you should find this in the sampler-channel-options or if you use a drum sampler in the instrument itself.

If it sounds right to you whilst playback but wrong in the exported file I guess you're fooling yourself, sorry to say that mate.

Last edited:
I am playing the wav file in another app when it sounds muddy and my export settings are 512 pt sinc, 32Bit Float, and the bitrate is all the way up at 450kbps

Try loading it in FL and play it. If it sounds as it should, then whatever player or default driver on your computer might just be affecting your audio (ex: having beats audio is notorious for its bass boost).

Also, I think when the op mentions "mono" he is referring to the sample cutting itself and only allowing one voice. In FL it is labelled both "cut itself" and "mono" (meaning monophonic as opposed to polyphony). It makes sense in its own context, but is a little tricky since mono haso multiple meanings :)

Back