Problem with KRK VXT6

S-Kay

Hey guys,

Just got a pair of VXT 6's. They seem to be lacking in bass.

Before this I used a pair of Alesis MK2's which are way cheaper, and they seemed a lot more bass heavy. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and I'm worried they may just not be very good on the low end. That goes against what everyone says though...

what size room are you using them in and where do you have them located in that room? You may also want to use the sound files they provide for setup purposes to make sure that you have optimised the setup on these beasts first

also referring to the spec sheet I can see that they are being over-optimistic about the bottom end response it is more like 60Hz at -3dB; 49Hz is the -6dB point

using the LF adjustment switch you can improve this to be worse but not better

if you are looking for good bottom end you may need to purchase a sub to go with these - the 10s Subwoofer KRK SYSTEMS will take you down to 34Hz whereas the the 12 inch versions only go down another 5Hz for a lot more money; unless you really need to blasting stuff at the lower limit of hearing (the Low A on a piano (leftmost note on the 88 key keyboard) is 27.5Hz and is barely audible at the best of times)

Back