problem with bouncing on FL Studio.

Reezy

Hey. i am an edm producer. i use FL studio as DAW. since i dont have a powerfull computer. to reduce cpu usage i bounce down all the sounds as individual audio stems. but then when i drop the stems on the sequencer. the stems are out of sync. the kicks is not placed on the beat line. i try to move things but still cant place them on the right line. please help me out. i have attached a screenshot,do check out. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot (235).png
    Screenshot (235).png
    121 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Are you bouncing to mp3? If yes, always use wav. I used to have the same issue you are having and this is why I try to encourage artists and producers to come in with instrumentals that have stems available in wav format or the mastered track in wav format. Why?...

1. Formats like mp3 are lossy. Meaning when you bounce to mp3 you are losing sonic information. You can listen to the same track bounced to wav and mp3 (set to maximum bit rate) and you will hear a difference in the audio. When you are ready to release, then you could export as mp3 preferably using the highest bit rate (minimal loss but more space).

2. Mp3 introduces a a slight offset at the start of the file (there is a technical term for it). This is inherent to the algorithm used to encode mp3. You cannot avoid it. You can try fixing it by calculating the offset time and purposefully delaying your tracks (FL studio has manual latency compensation), but this method can be inexact and is a waste of time in my opinion if you can avoid this issue in the first place.

So in short, export to wav. I am not sure if other non-lossy formats like flac introduce this offset so you can try experimenting if you desperately need to save space.

Happy mixing :)

Pazera or freemake audio converter's pretty dope imo.
Buuuut sounds like a daw issue cuz the quantized beats I do don't do that. Talkin regular sounding grid music with snap on.

So...does it sound like it's out of sync? What are the original sound sources? How much is it off (can't see the timescale in the screenshot)?

Back