Pro HipHop/Trap Engineers only !

ShaiBobble

fghhjhjhjjjj
Anybody know how to mix kicks and 808s to hit hard like in ASAP Rockys New Song " Crazy Brazy " ?

Or is that just how the kick sample sounds after mastering??

(Unless you know what you are talking about and can explain it in english, no jargon unless its necessary)

Last edited:
I could answer this if it weren't for the fact I'm just a hobbiest...

Goddamn my lack of professionalism!!

Edit: So I'll just suggest you get acquainted with the search function as similar questions have definitely been asked before.

Last edited:
Being polite is the minimum when asking for information. Do not expect any constructive feedback with such an attitude. I add you to my ignore list.

I sa being polite. It's the internet. & I said please. You can't show facial expressions or use voice tones in the internet

For a record like that which is incredibly sparse (single vocal, one sound, a snare, a hat, and the kick) it's super easy. If it's not hitting hard in an arrangement like that, then the likely culprit is just that your balance of the instrumentation is off. Or it's just that the vocal is poorly EQd (or recorded). Understand that all the sounds on a record are interrelated. I can't tell you how many times I've been working on a mix and it just doesn't slap because I've only just touched a poorly recorded vocal. But once I work my magic on the vocal and it sits in the pocket, all of a sudden the whole thing slaps. But as for the kick itself, with sparse arrangement like that, there's really not much magic there. Unless you are trying to shoot for a mix that will stand up to mastering with a ridiculous amount of volume (louder than most commercial records). But if that's the case, it's just a low end management issue not specific to 808s really.

layers layers layers. Most kicks are never a single kick sound. Most producers will put 2-3 kicks together with one of them being the main sound they want and then dropping others at a lower volume under it. thats also how to get the 'bang and boom' from it. 1 sound at 100% volume = trash. 3 sounds at 75% volume = hard hitting and fuller. like this track of mine is 4 kick samples mixed to 1

Back