Pre-Mastering Issues Ableton Live 9

mimiron

Hello guys, I am having issues to pre-master my mixdown before it will be sent to the mastering engineer. This is my first mixdown to be released. I have been given instructions before submitting the mixdown, yet I have no clue how to complete them in Ableton. The thing is that I cannot use Compressor and Limiter. I need the track peaks to be in a range as seen in the image below - no louder than -4dB and no lower than -7db. I have no idea how can I achieve this in Ableton. Do i need to lower the the volume of every single channel to make it work or will just lowering the master's volume do? These questions may even sound silly, but I have never done this before... Thank you very much for your help. I'm using Ableton Live 9.

u48i.jpg

Last edited:
If you are just needing to keep the peaks below -4db you can adjust the master fader. The little oval above the slider shows the top level on each channel (in the case of the master fader, its the whole output. Every time you click on the readout it updates so you can go through the track to make sure there aren't any sneaky peaks that show up in the track.

Back