Pre Amp recommendations!?

dorsing

A pre amp is one of the last things I need to start recording... I bought an NT1 (NOT NT1A) so that is what I am working with. Was looking at the focusrite one but its a little spendy. Does anybody have experience with this? Thank you

The ISA One is without a doubt a decent preamp. But I'm surprised because you say your budget is 100-300 bucks and the Isa One is 500. Also if you don't have an audio interface you should get one first. Most of them have built in preamps and you can simply plug them to your computer and you are good to go.
Focusrite have some popular interfaces within your budget. I also recommend you have a close look at the Audient id14 which is also within your budget and is highly acclaimed for its sound and built quality and especially for the preamps. It also seems pretty easy to use. Read some user reviews and decide if that box could be something for you.

Okay thank you for the response/recommendation. Stupid question but with the audient id14 Do i need an audio interface too to record? or is that the audio interface?

Yes, you need some kind of an audio interface to record - it's the connection between the computer and the world outside, basically. The iD14 also includes 2 very decent preamps, so that's all you'll need at this point.

Back