is it possible to use protools with out??

P

Philly

Hello everone, i want to know it is possble to use protools without the m box, I mean i was planning on purchasing the software, but i know it will be a while before i have enough to get the m box. I just want to know that while i'm saving for one is it possble to still use the other????
Also i would like to know if the plugings that protools has avable, if they can beused in other programs such as; cakwalk, cubase, samplitude or acid.
Philly

Its called pro tools free. download from digidesign.com , but you will need windows 98 it wont run on win xp.
Pro tools will only run with proo tools hardware.
Pt free gives you 8 tracks of audio and less midi and aux tracks, good way to get your head around pt before getting it but the whole windows 98 thing i dont understand it, since most people are on win xp.

Pro tools uses rtas ( pro tools le ), Which wont work with anything except pro tools, so your out of luck using pt plugs with anything els, its digidesigns monoply and capitalist approch to the software world.

Good luck and go thru your options before jumping on pro tools, cause all the programs are top stuff like cubase and sonar, plus these use vst with out having to get a wrapper lots of free plugs, which pro tools lacks heavily.

When you buy Pro Tools LE hardware you get the software with it. You cannot buy the software alone and you cannot use the software without the appropriate interfaces (i.e. Mbox, mbox2, digi002, digi002r)

Back