Pitch II Plugin in Pro Tools giving weird feedback

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, wasn't sure if this goes here or in the sample section but after I chop my samples in recycle and export them to maschine and get my loop and what not ready for pro tools, I export to pro tools and I want to pitch up my samples however the pitch II plugin that comes stock with pro tools when I pitch up the samples its almost like it makes the quality fuzzy and adds weird texture to the sample that wouldn't normally happen in other daws just the way I am working now is the best way for me to get things done. Any help or advice as to why the Pitch II plugin that comes stock with Pro Tools is adding a fuzzy/weird texture to my samples when I pitch them up or down? Any feedback always appreciated!

it is the nature of most basic time domain/pitch domain convolution algorithms: they do crappy things because the math is rounded too early in the calculations, causing quantisation and other errors.

It is an accepted metric for software that a single programmer writes about 4 lines of fully tested, bullet-proof code per day: assume an 8 hour day, 5 day working week, 4 weeks holidays and sick leave; that's a total of 1920 hours worked and a total of 7680 lines of fully tested bullet-proof/water-tight code per working year. Also know that a programmer starts at 60K per year and can quickly move up to be earning $159k per year - $250 (before tax) for four lines of code each day for a beginner and $625 for four lines of code each day for a senior programmer

Using ableton (I am told it has a wonderful timestretch algorithm) or buying melodyne will work much better: they are better at it because they have spent time doing the math right and that costs a lot of money in development time (see above)

Back