phasing issue :(

D

dylanf

hey guys my bass synth (sylenth) and a layered lead (also sylenth) are phasing shit , the frequencies dont seem clashing at all but when played together it gives a really swirly phased out sound , how do i cancel the phase so the bass lead mix doesnt sound muddy ???

Could you post two files of the sounds by themselves, then one more of them together?

It's hard to make any judgements without audio. What you are hearing as mud sounds like it wouldn't be a phase issue at all...More often than not phase is only an issue when the sounds become hollow. Not to say phase can't screw the low end in ways that don't make it hollow, but I have a hunch that you aren't dealing with a phase issue.

Until we get examples, try nudging either your bass or synth slightly. Phase is a timing issue. If it's really a phase issue the sounds will dramatically change as you nudge them.

heres a link (just with the lead and bass with the issue )

Could you post two files of the sounds by themselves, then one more of them together?

It's hard to make any judgements without audio. What you are hearing as mud sounds like it wouldn't be a phase issue at all...More often than not phase is only an issue when the sounds become hollow. Not to say phase can't screw the low end in ways that don't make it hollow, but I have a hunch that you aren't dealing with a phase issue.

Until we get examples, try nudging either your bass or synth slightly. Phase is a timing issue. If it's really a phase issue the sounds will dramatically change as you nudge them.
https://soundcloud.com/dylanfambeck/123a/s-pAFbP

I don't think we're talking phase here. But, there is a timing issue, and some other weirdness. Are you side-chaining compression and/or playing with an envelope follower, or something like that?

GJ

Hey man thanks , i wanted that in the bass for more groove and yeah there is a heavy sidechain , this is just one of the leads in that layer and its just that this bass and lead seems really glued together and swirly eventhough frequencies arent clashing (except abit in the upper mids for the purpose of the full mix) but even with a stronger low pass on the bass these synths sound like a freakin chord...

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens when you turn the side-chain off? Try soloing those tracks and listening without it, and/or any other effects that you have on those tracks.

GJ

Back