Paid $478 on a vocal booth & I'm gone make it do whut it do

Just put it on Craigslist like someone said and get SOME money back... for 1/2 price someone will take it. And if they know it won't isolate, but stop reflections then they won't feel ripped off like you.

Also yeah, use headphones, or invert the phase like suggested. This thread is full of great suggestions.

Anybody just want to buy this foam & frame? I want to buy a preamp now Get at me! $200 right now to my paypal, so I can ship it off!

I built my booth using plans from dawbox.com cost me just under $1000. My booth turned out very professional looking and with 2" foam and bass traps in the corners & works like a charm. Dry crisp vocals, acoustic guitar, shakers, foley stuff, voice over stuff for the video work I do. I landed this voice over work for a company doing their phone tree and I'm not even a voice over person. I do beats and hiphop for fun mostly but this booth has turned out to work for a bunch of stuff in my modest home studio and my friends who come over always want to get in the booth and lay down tracks!

Hey dont let nobody put you down, you bought the booth because it was worth it for you. Not everyone has the know how, or desire or time to go out and build a 100k isolated professional u-haul blanketed recording booth. Are you satisfied with your purchase? Does it suit you're needs? Those are about the only questions that matter.

Chances are he next muthafuxa that comes into your studio for recording time wont know the difference and might actually be impressed to see it.

Joe

I built my booth using plans from dawbox.com cost me just under $1000. My booth turned out very professional looking and with 2" foam and bass traps in the corners & works like a charm. Dry crisp vocals, acoustic guitar, shakers, foley stuff, voice over stuff for the video work I do. I landed this voice over work for a company doing their phone tree and I'm not even a voice over person. I do beats and hiphop for fun mostly but this booth has turned out to work for a bunch of stuff in my modest home studio and my friends who come over always want to get in the booth and lay down tracks!

Have you been locked in your booth for three years ? :p

This will provide zero isolation from sounds in the room.

You will probably get better results just setting up a mic in the room with you and recording that way.

Leave that plastic sheet "door" off of the thing.

You could have just used stuff laying around your house and done a better job.

That is not a "vocal booth"... it is some stuff stacked in a box formation of which the seller tells you is intended for a vocalist to stand inside to be recorded.

When you are recording, turn the monitors off and use headphones so both you and the vocalist can hear.

Back