Overdub On my Computer(why won't it let me?)

RUbber ELbows

ok i have a sound blaster 16 and i guess it is half duplex it from 1996 or so.....ican get multiple soundsources to play but can't record in programs but it does not make sense i can get audio form a turntabel and a mic and my computer at the same time but then i can not record it HELP,,,,shuoldn't there be a way to record all adio coming out of my computer no questions asked if not i guess i am screwed into getting a new aound card

What OS are you using? Make sure you check your computers recording properties, since it sounds like you can only record from one source at a time. (ie, Mic., CD, Line In.) Make sure your have the correct recording source selected. Digital Mixer, or Line In.

I hope that helps ya. ;)

Welcome to onlineDJ.com

Oh yeah, I almsost forgot...!
icon4.gif

Welcome to onlineDJ.com!
icon10.gif

Yes, Welcome. :)

One way to record all audio ins and out is actually to record the Digital Out or Wave Out since all audio is routed directely to those outputs.
But notice that with half duplex, (full even) the quality can decrease a bit. (Not if you have digital out though)

You migth want to record each part one at a time and use a program like Saw-Plus 32 to mix it all together.

Back