Online mixing - where? who?

H

Heathcliff

Hello!
my first post here and I have a question:

I have a 6 songs project I want to be mixed well so I've been looking around for these online mixing services etc.
I've found many in different prices range but they all kind of specialize in hip hop, rnb or classic rock and don't have samples in different alternative genres.
I'm looking for someone who can do a good job playing with reverbs with a creative touch, in a little more experimental way or 80's/90's dream pop (aiming high, I'd say blonde redhead and portishead as main references) At least someone willing to listen to my rough mixes and tell me what he could do . Anyway I'm more interested in the vibe rather than "perfection"

Sorry for the long note, please give me inputs. Message me in you think you're the one and I'll be happy to link the rough mixes :)
Thanks!

Most legit mix engineers have samples of their work online in the genres they tend to work in. But if they don't, you can always shoot them an e-mail and ask. If they have 12 songs on their website and they are ALL rap, or ALL EDM, or ALL rock, then you can pretty safely assume they don't know their way around anything else.

Hi Chris, indeed the ones that I found more professional are into these styles so I´m getting frustrated in this research step
SOS!

This is something I've looked into in the past as well! It's tough to make a decision, especially because there are so many online mixing services out there. what is your budget for each track? I found a few that might be of help.

Hey!
budget is tight but that would be defined depending on the opportunity, it's an independent release but I want to be happy of how it sounds

Hey man, check out my site(in sig) for some examples of the work I do. I do more left of centre sutff than not, and I can be pretty flexible, drop me a line if you're interested. :)

George

Just learn to mix yourself :D After all, deciding the level of each sound is a huge part of composition...don't let someone else make that decision for you! You'll just end up being disappointed when the mixing engineer completely ignores a sound you happen to love very much.

Hey! we've focused on a few options but are still in the evaluating process :)

Back