Online Mixing Services - Can we get a list of 'real' user reviews?

M

modesc

Have you ever used an ‘online mixing’ service on any of your tracks?

I have a lot of old tracks that I’d like to get mixed right, by someone with better ears and better gear than me. I much prefer making songs than the technical side of getting them perfectly mixed and mastered – it would take me an infinite amount of time… which I don’t have.
So would it be possible to get a genuine list from FP members who have actually used an online mixing service, and what the verdict was on the finished mix? Price would be good to, if you can remember.

This is maybe cheeky of me considering it's only my 2nd post - but it would be great to get a real and 'clean' list of reviews from producers here who have used one of these sites... without posts by those offering/advertising their own mixing/mastering service.

Cheers,

Are we talking about full mastering or just mixing? It's easier to find mastering services, there are plenty of those around like the Sony Music Mastering Online service for $99/song.

Just online mixing at this point.... and there are plenty of these around too. Too many to choose from without recommendations - which is why it would be great to get real feedback from producers who have used any of these services.

Why don't you just listen to some of the songs that we mix. That way you can hear what each person has to offer. Like myself, I'm better with hip-hop (backpack/conscious) rap than I am with pop records. Of course I can give you a solid pop mix, but hip-hop is just my thing.

Yeah there are good ones and bad ones out there, so you have to ask for examples of work so you don't get burned. There are lots of great engineers on this site with reasonable rates. Check out Over Dose, Weiss Sound or Chris Carter for starters. Check out their sites and I am sure they could give you references of stuff they did from folks on this site so you can get real feedback from FP members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there are good ones and bad ones out there, so you have to ask for examples of work so you don't get burned. There are lots of great engineers on this site with reasonable rates. Check out Over Dose, Weiss Sound or Chris Carter for starters. Check out their sites and I am sure they could give you references of stuff they did from folks on this site so you can get real feedback from FP members.

and don't forget about HIMbeats.... lol

Hey man, I can give you a review. I went with this guy Chris Carter. I checked out his studio website and it looked cool and it seemed like he had a ton of experience and some really successful records and stuff. But man, what a LOSER. He totally ****ed everything up and I HATED the mixes. My vocals were buried and the kick was waaaaaaay too loud. This guy is NOT a pro. Avoid him at all costs. The only thing this guy should be mixing is brownie mix. And even if he did that he’d probably put nuts and stuff in them. I ****in’ HATE nuts in my brownies! Brownies should just be plain brownies without any nuts, or frosting or coconut sprinkles. You know what nuts are good for? Trail mix; that’s what. And actually, come to think of it, brownies aren’t even good to begin with – brownies are just wannabe cakes if you ask me. So do yourself a favor and just get the chocolate cake and be happy.

We are all capable engineers. It ultimately boils down to which sound do you want to go with. Engineers like anything else have a certain sound or flare that our clients like and like food is a matter of personal taste. Are you looking for a pizza with just cheese, a supreme, a meat lovers, philly cheese steak, hawaiian, new york style, chicago style etc. Its all about your taste musically my friend.

Oh and I heard this cat Ill Soul be bustin the stupid dope moves on mixes and they be bangin... Word...

Thanks for nod brotha. Classy.

I'm Weiss Sound . Check out the demo reel - if you hear something you like, hire me on. If you don't dig what you hear, then you know I'm not for you.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Hey man, I can give you a review. I went with this guy Chris Carter. I checked out his studio website and it looked cool and it seemed like he had a ton of experience and some really successful records and stuff. But man, what a LOSER. He totally ****ed everything up and I HATED the mixes. My vocals were buried and the kick was waaaaaaay too loud. This guy is NOT a pro. Avoid him at all costs. The only thing this guy should be mixing is brownie mix. And even if he did that he’d probably put nuts and stuff in them. I ****in’ HATE nuts in my brownies! Brownies should just be plain brownies without any nuts, or frosting or coconut sprinkles. You know what nuts are good for? Trail mix; that’s what. And actually, come to think of it, brownies aren’t even good to begin with – brownies are just wannabe cakes if you ask me. So do yourself a favor and just get the chocolate cake and be happy.

I had a mix done by Chris Carter. It kicked ass! The vocals sat nice and tightly in the mix, as opposed to on top of the mix, and the kick was HUGE. Guy is a total pro. I did an attended session - he also baked brownies. I would have been happy with just plain brownies, but he really went the extra mile and put walnuts in them. I love walnuts in brownies. Couldn't recommend Chris enough.

Last edited:
50$ Reamping + Mixing + Mastering (All in One)!

Hello everybody! Just wanna inform you that I re-amp, mix & master (All in one) for 50$/song.

I love helping out new artists that's why the prices are so cheap.

Check out here the full price list:
mixingtips.org/cheap-mixing-and-mastering :)

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Every true Mixing Engineer representing a studio or true Mixing Engineers that own Recording studios, as I am, have a work sample page or reel to show you how their work is on the mixing department! The final outcome is your decision!

you can check this guys.. MiX House LA they worked for huge people like Warner Bros. and other Top Musician, I just read it to their page :))

Online mixing can work very well and be cost-effective if you select the right engineer. You get the benefit of an objective second set of ears and professional expertise without the big-studio price tag.

Back