Now i want to record please help

elvissango

Hie there,I use FL Studio 11 an 12,for now i can't afford a mic bt i hav completed some beats an would like to put vocals on them,i only have headphones and earphones,how can i use them to record ? Please help Google isnt helping..thanx

Headphones are for outputting sound. Microphones are for input. You will need a mic to record audio. You likely have some sort of electronic device that has a mic built in (phone, laptop, tablet, etc. ). You likely won't get great results, but it's better than nothing.

Yeah, headphones - as counterintuitive as it may seem - can be used in a microphonic fashion. Pretty much anything (like standard laptop mics) will be better, but for extreme lo-fi, it doesn't get any better than shouting in headphones.

Lol thats true,i guess a gud mic wld b one where i can even sing wit a low voice an get gud quality coz ryt nw i have to try mak it beta as u said.thanx

Now I want to record please help

My bugdet begins when I'm back at school which should be a short while nw,how much is the cheapest with good quality tho? And are there any origional brands i should look to prevent bad suprises?

Do you have an audio interface with an XLR input or are you looking for a USB microphone. USB mics are ready to go once you plug them in to a computer. Mics that need an XLR cable might be a little more expensive since you'd need to buy a XLR cable and an possibly an interface (depending on the type of XLR cable you get).

If your budget allows, I'd go the XLR/Interface mic route. Here are some potential mics under $100.
Condenser Microphones | Sweetwater.com

And an Amazon search for USB microphones:
Amazon.com: usb microphone: Electronics

Thanx a lot people for the links and the advice,I'm liking the USB type coz it's affordable but does it mean it has low quality compared to XLR ?because i even saw a USB type that went down to $7 as compared to XLR ranging from $50 and upwards

In general, they are cheaper. I doubt all are pieces of crap though. I'd be sure to read the reviews of each one you are considering.

I bought this mic a year ago since it was cheap and I needed it.
Amazon.com: Excelvan BM-800 Condenser Microphone Cardioid Pro Audio Studio Vocal Recording Mic with Shock Mount (Black): Musical Instruments

Definitely not as great as the one I bought later, but it's better than expected and still works. Used it on a few school projects and was satisfied with the end results.

Now i want to record please help

Thanx a lot people,mm dynamic mic was it a USB or XLR?..I checked out all the links thanx lotz i think i prefer USB compared XLR because a lot of devices i have from my mouse to my gaming joysticks are all USB cabled and they have never given me problems compared to other cable types

Comparing a mouse to a microphone is about as valid as buying a red car because you once were in a red car and it was pretty fast. An USB mic is a regular, analog microphone with a cheap one-way audio interface bolted on. In other words, the main problem with USB mics tends to be that while they're easy to use as such, they're most often extremely cheaply built (consider the fact that for the price of an already cheap microphone, you're also buying a microphone preamp, an analog to digital converter and an USB audio interface), and you can never use the mic in any other way than through USB straight to the computer. That's not to say an USB mic can't be good, in theory - but most of the time they're just not. XLR doesn't make a mic better, but it's a lot more flexible, because you don't have to buy a new mic whenever you want to, say, buy a nicer mic pre or hook it up to mixer or effects.

All that said, if you want a simple vocal solution, and know you won't be upgrading it or doing anything else ever, go ahead and buy an USB mic. They're decent enough for someone doing podcasts for example.

Thanx a lot i know you are right...so a good microphone refers to mic's ability to shut out background noise? because i used one but it had that shhh noise to it

That could be related to the quality of the mic. That "shhh" sound could just be noise in your room or from an electronic device.

Its really getting better now that am getting some understanding of the hardware,I have one question,I see singers on tv an ey have mics with a safer thing thats like a net jus before the mike,what is that?

Most likely a pop filter if the video was in a studio. They reduce plosive sounds when you are close to a mic(say a word with a "p" or a "b" in it if you don't know what that is).

Thanks a lot for your help it's going to assist me a lot..yeah now i understand the most important points on mics and quality

Back