noob help please..thanks in advance

B

Brickbanks

I am recording in an old mobile home behind my shop...should i just deaded a closet or what? U am using cool edit pro and mixcraft 4 but for some reason i cannot get my songs to even sound half decent the vocals always sound dull and drowned out..at2020 mic and a art tube preamp

Last edited by a moderator:
The art pre ain't the best but you should get a decent sound from that combination. What eq are you using post recording?

yea i actually am using a decent sized room with some carpets hanging lol around the mic..anyone wanna mix my vocals for me for practice...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

yea its decent quality i just sometimes go off beat and shit and im not real familiar with the cool edit...any programs like vocalign..that lines up the vocals...and yea i will post a song or w/e if i can it wont be a whole song b/c i havent made a full on yet here i just will do a freestyle tonight

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-20-2010 at 11:39 AM ----------

no help lol

Obi is suggesting that you sort out the acoustics of the room , that is good advice .
High end mics and pres are not gonna help if the room sounds like arse .

If you cannot perform the piece as required , then turn off the audio equipment and bloody practice your art until you are proficient .

And before you go and build some kind of a makeshift booth, I'll just say that closets tend to sound like...closets. Just because it looks a bit like a pro vocal booth, doesn't mean it works like one :)

Back