new setup

phil40

Hey guys, quick question im a massive fan of jean Michel jarre and eagerly awaiting his new album in October, my question I I have some gear at home I want to set up to start putting some musical ideas together and just want some advice,

The gear I have so far is - an akai mpk25

novation nio 2/4
reason 5
native instruments - massive
absynth
ableton 9
fl studio
arturia v collection vst's
superwave bundle

and countless numbers of vst's

is this an ok setup to mess about with and I also have the superwave bundle vst's but how on earth do I use/turn on/enable vst's through reason etc

any steps, guidance or advice would be massively appreciated

I would love to make some melodies etc in the same vain as jean Michel jarre

more directly - reason 5 has no way for you to incorporate vsts of any kind; if you had reason 6.5 and up you could use some internal routing to send and return to standalone vst hosts

that said, what you do have in reason is more than enough to be creating a lot of the sounds you hear in early Jarre

You can also rewire reason into ableton so that you can use vstFX on the audio streams generated

Hi bandcoach thanks for the reply I love reason, seems like loads of possibilities, so what are the steps for rewiring reason into ableton.

Also how do I use superwave bundle and do I need all the other software or is reason enough

Last edited:
I would suggest that you start by reading the manuals for the gear (which was carnage's point); in 99.999% of cases the manuals will be far more informative than any attempt at explaining it to you here - you need to play with the software guided by the manuals to really come to grips with the possibilities

ok cheers bandcoach does the same apply as to how to load vsts and also using the superwave software

ok great thanksand how about the hardware I stated earlier, the akai mpk25 and the novation nio are these ok to start with

Back