The new search feature sucks so i need to ask yall

Y

young_keyz

I was tring to find this great thread about e.q.ing and mixing all...this thread was once feature on the home page of future producers. I try doing a search but i cant find it. i remember reading something about compression and i wanted to read it again but i cant find it. My easy and quick question is. when it comes to compression "what settings make the drums slap and what settings make the drums punch". I just need the attack and release settings. something to get me started. thanks

sorry sleepy but i try the thread on the front page. All i know about this thread is its really big and Tim20 has major part in it. but like i said the search function now sucks cause i cant even look up threads that he might of had made or been apart of. You may think the settings im asking for are not easy to give but trust me there was a real differece in the two.

sleepy said:
The first couple of pages in that thread have a link to another thread where Tim20 was posting info also. There's also another sticky thread by Time20 in the tracking forum.

Complaining about the search is not going to help.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=si...ession&fr=FP-tab-web-t&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8

There's one search.

First of all im not cring about the search function...i was making a point i have try the option to find what i was looking for on my own before anybody else tells me. by the way it do suck and i know im not the only one who thinks that but ummm by title of your name maybe you couldnt have seen that!

OMG I am famous. LOL I actually show up in Yahoo with "Where is Tim20?"

Dang my head is turning into a ballon. :)

But on a serious note. EQ is tough IMHO and I always turn to my cheat sheets for the predominate freqs of any instrument. Mainly because I have a hard time keeping them all straight in my head.

From those I do a little tweaking along with panning to find the sweet spots.

It can be frustrating. Tweak a little EQ and then a little pan and WHAM, it falls into place.

Back