Need Your Opinion about my track's mixing!

ZiNS

Hi FutureProducers. I need your help about mixing for low quality mp3 (i.e. soundcloud). When I export in 128 kbps mp3 the bass line sounds wave (I don't know how to describe) and high frequencies like are compressed as hell. Is it just in my case or it's inevitably while exporting in low quality mp3? TY in advance.

Attachments

• Master.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 29
You shouldn't really be exporting in low quality to begin with. I mean it could be because it is low quality, but it could also be more about the mixing of the track. If you're still going to export in MP3, try using 512 point sync and 320 kbps bitrate. You'll get the best quality our of your MP3.

If your bass sounds wavy, that could be from many things. If you are using an 808 make sure you click "cut by itself" in the misc tab on the instrument. That usually gets rid of the overlapping of the bass which makes a wavy sound. Also try cutting your very low end frequencies off. Usually people tend to cut off at 20 since most equipment out there doesn't pick up on it, but I usually cut around 25-30hz because in the end it gives it a cleaner hit.

You could also try moving your instruments around a little bit to give them space because your bass could be fighting for room. Try separating your instruments in stereo and keep your bass in mono, then pan your instruments to move them out of the center more. This helps give the bass more room. After that it's all about frequencies and where they should and shouldn't be in the mix. Cut all of your unwanted frequencies and make little dips in the EQ to give room for other stuff. Check out my new beat below... I follow all of the things I labeled above in every mix I make.

Back