Need some feedback on this mix

charlie morgan

So I recorded, mixed and made the beat, My friend wrote and sang the lyrics.
I need some feedback on the mixing of the vocals so that I can improve.
( I know that I panned the harmony's to the left and forgot to pan them to the right aswell, also at the end I forgot to cut of the background noise picked up by the mic, so anything other then that im happy to learn from :)

thank you

Last edited:
Hey there, good recording sounds you've got in there.

If I were you, I would lower the hats in the mix cause something is bothering me
(is it volume or EQ I don't know, I would sweep with my EQ and find the cause). I guess it's a tad of both.

The snare/clap can get a bit more reverb for effect.
The vocals are sweet, they can also get some delay tapped to the tempo of the song or reverb.

The dynamics seem really good.

In general the recording stage was pretty perfect, mixing can be improved and the track will shine.

i agree with Paschalis I., ill also low these hats..and it will be really better..

about else, becouse im not good producer, from like normal listener, i would like to hear a little louder vocal over that beat...just a little...also back vocals like 'la la la' or whatever is used there, ill low them also...dont know, thats my opinion :) dont know how, but i listened your track 2 times.... becouse i really dont like that sort of music (rnb or whatever) heh

Hey there, good recording sounds you've got in there.

If I were you, I would lower the hats in the mix cause something is bothering me
(is it volume or EQ I don't know, I would sweep with my EQ and find the cause). I guess it's a tad of both.

The snare/clap can get a bit more reverb for effect.
The vocals are sweet, they can also get some delay tapped to the tempo of the song or reverb.

The dynamics seem really good.

In general the recording stage was pretty perfect, mixing can be improved and the track will shine.

Thankyou for the advice

Like mentioned earlier i would also recommend getting rid of some bass/low mid in that hihat, it interferes with the mid.
Life the vocals just a bit but be careful not to overdo it, make it a barely noticeable difference. Perhaps get rid a of little little bit more bass in the vocals, but just a minimal amout, to clean it up a bit.
Also the vocal adlibs sound a bit too panned to the left, bring them in and lower them.

I think the song would "pop" a bit more if you gave it some more stereo action in the arrangement, perhaps use some auto-panning that lets the wind-sound sweep across the soundscape and maybe let the strings sit a small amout to the right considering the vocal adlibs are panned left.

HOWEVER this is all just my taste and like stated above you have a great starting point and this will surely sound sweet in the end :cheers:

Back