Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice on mixing my sub-bass

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    What monitors and sub are you working with? That will determine how much sub you can hear, for instance my genelecs only go down to 67hertz, so a sub is needed.

Yea bluecat makes some free metering tools. You can just do a quick google search, and you'll find everything you need in terms of free metering plug ins. kvraudio website is a great place to start as well. Everything I've gotten has been through a quick google search.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LucidLife For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LucidLife View Post
    What monitors and sub are you working with? That will determine how much sub you can hear, for instance my genelecs only go down to 67hertz, so a sub is needed.

Yea bluecat makes some free metering tools. You can just do a quick google search, and you'll find everything you need in terms of free metering plug ins. kvraudio website is a great place to start as well. Everything I've gotten has been through a quick google search.
    Hey thanks for the info man. I'm using krk rokit 6 monitors but don't have a sub. So i'm probably not hearing the lowest frequencies proper enough. That's probably a big deal of the problem i have when mixing the subb. I'll have a look at those bluecat plugins ! thanks again

Thanks
    FWIW I also use the HD600's they go plenty low trust me, that being said.....

Try the "foam mod" APureSound - Where The Music Is Always Pure - APS Audio LLC. this will get rid of that bump around 100-200Hz and makes things sound a bit more neutral (however a bit less fun)

Then combine with Sonarworks, they have a HD600 preset. Give their trial a go, it's the some of the flattest low end I've ever heard.

Thread Information