Need help sampling with USB Turntable into Cool Edit 2.1

YouForikBeats

Hey everybody. I need help setting up my USB Turntable, DJ Mixer, Mbox Mini 3 and M-Audio AV40 Studio Monitors in Cool Edit 2.1. I'm just trying to sample music into Cool Edit right now I don't now how to set up the hardware.

Does your turntable also have rca jacks and a built in preamp? To me the setup sounds like this. Turntable rca jacks to mixer inputs. mixer outputs to input one and two on mbox with the gain of both inputs set the same and both set to line level. Input 1 is left and input 2 is right. Studio monitors to monitor outs of mbox. mbox to computer via usb cable. Install the mbox drivers and set cool edit to recognize the interface. Easy as pie.

Does your turntable also have rca jacks and a built in preamp? To me the setup sounds like this. Turntable rca jacks to mixer inputs. mixer outputs to input one and two on mbox with the gain of both inputs set the same and both set to line level. Input 1 is left and input 2 is right. Studio monitors to monitor outs of mbox. mbox to computer via usb cable. Install the mbox drivers and set cool edit to recognize the interface. Easy as pie.

I use an Audio Technica AT-LP120. It does have a built in preamp and the RCA cables attached to it.

Here's the set up:

Audio Technica AT-LP120> Numark M6 USB DJ Mixer (RCA Cable into Channel 1 phono input)

Numark M6 USB DJ Mixer> Mbox Mini 3 (RCA to 1/4 TS Cable from the MASTER Ouput of the Mixer INTO the D/I inputs of the Mbox Mini 3)

Back