Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help recording rap vocals. There's a constant crackling noise...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by switch-man View Post
    Yeah, I actually don't have any plugins loaded when I'm recording.

And the problem persists even with the buffer size at 64...
    64 is a really small buffer size - the larger the buffer, the easier for the computer to handle. Try raising it as high as possible, and see if it helps - then you can lower the size and see at which point it starts to crackle.
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

Thanks
    Don't know anyone who would let me use their gear...

and after optimizing my Windows 7 for audio, making sure my XLR cable and USB cables aren't touching eachother or anythphoneing else, taking my phone out of my room, trying buffer sizes at their highest, lowest etc absolutely nothing works. I'm going to get a powered USB hub. Maybe that's the problem

Thanks
    well, good news I think...

I'll do some more tests, but for right now it seems the problem was something to do wtih the USB port I plugged the audiobox 96 into originally. I did try multiple times to plug it into different usb ports. My laptop has 4, but when I installed it it into a different one, it messed with all my audio programs and crashed them all every time without fail.

I bought a USB powered USB hub (yeah, I should've gone for a wall powered one, but I got a little desperate and I was already at Target for something else so I picked one up since they didn't have any wall powered ones), but it seems this USB powered USB hub did the trick. My voice has no more crackles. My last few test recordings were crisp and clear. There's some hiss, but I can remove that easily on Wavepad.

I hope this nightmare is finally over and I can get back to making instrumentals.

Thanks for the help. The USB powered thing I bought was a Targus, 4 port, 2.0 USB hub. About 14 bucks.

Thread Information