Need Help With Recording out of Sonar 4

D

dj360super

I Posted a thread a couple of days ago
about this same topic, but I don't think I was very clear with my grammar.
So I'm going to give it another try. Before purchasing Sonar, I recorded my mixed cd's onto a 4 track cassette recorder. Becoming tired of the noise and hiss, I decided to invest in a pc along with Sonar. At first, I used an external cd recorder to lay the mix down on. I then began to have problems with the recorder, and eventually it was totally damaged. While in Sonar, I record from my ttables straight into my M-audio firewire 410. Each song (vinyl record) I record is layed down on 1 track in Sonar. I then take the next song and use a separate track and record on that, one after the other, all within the same file in Sonar. Now, when I used the external recorder I was able to record the whole mix onto cd and at the same time advance the tracks on the cd itself so the final cd would not just play as one 80 minute track. Basically, This is what I want to do on Sonar just all within the cdrw drive on the pc. I know how to export one track to wav and record it, but I need to be able to separate each track onto cd smoothly without any gaps within them. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. Oh yeah is Pyro the only solution?

Most wave editors are ideal for what you want to do. Wavelab allows you to set beginning and end markers for wherever you want one track to end and another to begin.

You also have the option to export each track separately. Obviously you'd have to be careful with the way you set your export locators but then all you'd have to do is specify your burning program to not leave any gaps between tracks.

most burning software will have an option allowing you to split into tracks and remove any silence between tracks. you just have search for it sometimes

First, Good Looking out with the responses. Sleepy is wavelab something that would be compatible with all software? I heard about pyro which cakewalk makes, is that the same thing?

Wavelab is a software wave editing program that is also ideal for putting together a premaster if you have all the finished tracks.

I'd assume that Pyro does some of the cd-arrangement functions as wavelab if that's what it's tailored for. Might be a little more user-friendly also.

Back